Real Estate in Social Media
Contact a Condo Genius
Most Popular Posts
Roman Bodnarchuk says :
Where is the new Customer? Hes in the new world are you?
As the economy improves, the customer is making a comeback slow though it may be. And when he (or she) returns, youre going to notice a change. A big change. FAIR WARNING: How you prepare for the new customer will determine your long-term success.
REALITY: While your customers were away, online has officially taken over. Its the new showroom and comparison shopper. You can chat, or phone in a heartbeat. You can see every option and some you never knew existed. Its fast, its accurate, and anyone can choose anything, any time of the day or night.
Yes, the Internet has been there for a few years, but it has taken a firm hold as a trillion dollar option for consumers and customers every place in the world. Your world. Its a different world now. We are not going to recover, per-se. Were going to revive and revise. And you can be in it, or watch it pass you by.
Let me give you the details of what the new customer (both business and consumer) looks like: (NOTE: Im using he but I also mean she.)
* Hes going to decide somewhat slower. Hes been hesitating for more than a year.
* Hes angry about the value of his investments.
* He will not be doing business the same way its been done before.
* He will not be banking the same way he banked before.
* He will not be advertising the same way he advertised before.
* He will not be buying a car the same way he did before.
* He will not be buying a home the same way he did before.
* He will not be investing the same way he did before.
* Hes online. Checking out your website and your competitors website.
* Hes socializing. Telling everyone whats happening in his world and the world.
* Hes Tweeting, Facebooking, and Linked-In-ing. Social media is still a firestorm.
* Hes blogging about his experiences with you, for the world to read.
* Hes YouTubing about his experiences with you for the world to watch by the millions (any questions United Airlines?).
* Hes Googling, not yellow-paging.
* Hes texting. A lot.
* Hes using his mobile device to do damn near everything.
* Hes WiFi-ing in his hotel room, on the plane, in Starbucks, and at home.
* IF hes reading a paper, or getting the news, its online.
* Hes as likely to watch The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, or listen to Howard Stern for news as he is to watch a network news person read a tele-prompter.
* Hes purchasing after midnight. By the billions.
* Hes looking for ease of doing business with you.
* He is value oriented, but will look to price as part of the decision.
* He wants a relationship.
* He wants, needs, and expects GREAT service after the sale.
* He does not want to wait for anything or anyone.
* He needs help and expert advice.
* Hes looking for ideas and answers.
* He can check your price and your facts in two seconds or less on Google.
* He knows as much about your product as you do.
* He knows MORE about your competitors product than you do.
* He can pay right now IF you can take a credit card or PAYPAL online.
* He expects someone to answer the phone when he calls that can actually HELP.
* He is SICK of off-shore call centers, erroneously called help desks.
* He is SICK of you telling him how important his call is while he stands on hold.
* He is SICK of your recorded hold message.
* He demands the truth. All the time.
* He no longer trusts the institutions he used to hold sacred.
* He expects you to be as computer literate as he is.
* He needs to be understood and feel your sincere concern.
* While you are qualifying him, he is qualifying you.
* If he needs a referral or recommendation, hell go to Craigs list or Angies list or Google or his next door neighbor, or anyone else but youUNLESS you have video testimonials online.
As youre thinking about (and making excuses about) these statements, you better be thinking about your answers and responses to them. And you better be making the strategic decisions and game plans to make them happen.
The economy is coming back BUT NOT TO THE WAY IT WAS. Dont take my word for it. Ask any daily newspaper.
After reviewing these statements, ask yourself this BIG question: Will your new customer buy from you, or your competition?
Please call me to discuss your Sales and Marketing future.
Follow us on
(T) (647) 348-8690